http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping DamagedArt by DeandraDanay: Pink!

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pink!


This is one of my latest. It's called Pink! in honor of breast cancer awareness month. A friend of mine at work is a breast cancer survivor and she has a lot to do with organizing the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure walk in October. She knew I painted and asked if I would like to donate a framed piece to be raffled off. It is a great cause and I have an aunt who is a breast cancer survivor.

Anyway so this friend of mine has seen my painting, Through Rose Colored Glasses (See Below) and she really like the concept, considering that people diagnosed with cancer have to try and maintain an optimistic outlook. That specific painting is hanging in a gallery right 
now so she asked if I could create something similar. The walk takes place at the Philadelphia Art Museum so I figured the background on this painting would kind of be like that. I will also be there at the walk painting pink ribbons on people faces. It's great because I don't have any money to give so giving my time and donating my painting is something!





http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your work. I know the feeling of creating oil paintings. I did so years ago and can feel the joy that you get in your work.. To paint is to live I use to say. I especially like the sky work you do. Keep it up and most of all enjoy it to its fullest.