http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping DamagedArt by DeandraDanay: Some New Stuff

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Some New Stuff






















Ok, so above are a few of my recent paintings. The first one is called A City by the Beach, I did that one for my cousin Donna. She loves the skyline and she also loves the beach so I figured I'd combine them. I am very pleased with that one, I tried to use lighter airier colors beings my usual style seems to be a little dark and heavy. I love it! Man, I just love painting, I wish I could just do it all day!lol The second one is called The Cliffs of Avalon, that one is on canvas board and it is very colorful. It is a scene of a lone house surrounded by mists on the cliffs of the mythical isle of Avalon. The boat in the water is either bringing the body of King Arthur home after the battle where he was mortally wounded, so that he can be brought back to life in Avalon. Or it is the boat that is taking the revived King back to battle. Either way the lone house is the one where Gweneviere waits and watches for her King. I am obsessed with the Isle of Avalon. As soon as money is better I will be saving for a trip to Europe so that I can spend one of the Sabbats in Glastonbury England that is said to be Avalon.
http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

No comments: