http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping DamagedArt by DeandraDanay: Gallery

Friday, June 20, 2008

Gallery

 

I've decided to take a much more proactive approach to my art career. I want to be in galleries, I want to be "the next be thing" I want to be the hottest new thing out of Philly!  I have been researching art galleries in Philadelphia and I have checked out their websites. I have started contacting them to find out how a hopeful artist would be considered to show there. One emailed me back and said I would need to send disk along with a copy of my artist statement and my resume'. I plan to do that shortly, although I don't really have anything on my resume', I spent a year at University of the Arts, attended 2 flea markets and sold 2 paintings to co-workers and friends. Another gallery's website said that you only need to email them a link to your blog so I figured I'd update and add a few more paintings before I do that.

I also got an idea for a new painting that I might sketch out tonight and try to paint tomorrow. In addition to all of that I also think I may have found a solution to my money troubles for now. I have a lead on a job at Starbucks. The store is really close to me and they  have hours that would coincide with my schedule to allow me to work part-time. I think it is something I could make work, it'll help get my bills paid and give me a little extra to spend this summer. Who knows.....maybe Starbucks would even let me show my art there! Wouldn't that be great??? Killing two birds with one stone!!!


The painting at the top is called "Smitten" it's mushy and inspired by my man. I took a picture of his sweat jacket and in the painting his jacket is draped over my heart. The heat from my feelings for him seem to be changing the seasons. I know...I told you it was mushy!!

http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping
,

No comments: