http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping DamagedArt by DeandraDanay: Hopeful

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Hopeful


http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping

I emailed some of my favorite pieces to the art gallery owner friend of a coworker friend of mine. Now my coworker told me that her friend is going through some family things right now, I think she has someone getting married and she is planning a wedding in another state, I think. So who knows when I'll hear but I am sure I will. I am very seriously practicing following the principles of the law of attraction so I am certain that I will get discovered in the art community, I just can't focus on how exactly. I will be donating a painting to the Breast Cancer Awareness walk to be raffled off in October. I should gain some recognition from that as well. I have this picture in my head of what my life should be, I should be living in a wonderful condo in center city with a big studio to work in, with the recognition and respect of the art world, making a living off of my art. That will happen I am sure.


The painting above is called "The Street Where I Live" I recently bought a house and this is my interpretation of a beautiful sunrise that I witnesses one day as I left for work. I took out my camera and stood in the middle of the street to take the picture.
The scene was just so beautiful I had to capture it, I have actually stopped a few other places around the city, usually when I see a particularly stunning sky with great skyline, and I take out my camera right there. 
I believe that anyone that has gotten big in any creative field (music, dancing, acting, art) has to keep trying. We only see the end result so we of course don't realize the years of waiting that went into it. I've only been painting again and seriously for not even a year. Before it never even occurred to me to actually dream to pursue my art as an actual means to make money. That dream seemed too elusive and therefore too painful for me so I just didn't think about it. So on a positive note I know my time will come,and I will get there, the Universe will figure out how to get me there!

No comments: