http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping DamagedArt by DeandraDanay: Here goes nothing

Monday, January 7, 2008

Here goes nothing



Ok, I am very new to this.  I have never really blogged about my art before but since I've been painting so much lately I thought it might be a good idea to start one. Ok, where to start? First off my name is DeandraDanay and I am fortunate enough to live in the wonderfully inspiring place that is Philadelphia. I have unfortunately realized after a few years of school for my bachelors in IT specializing in graphic design, that painting is all I really want to do. It's too late for me to quit now so I might as well stick it out till I graduate, at least I'll have a degree. I was looking around online and I found lots of people who paint or do other creative things and are able to make a little money on the side by marketing themselves, perhaps I can support myself with my art some day. I have completed 6 paintings so far and am waiting for most of them to dry. I am terrified to list them and actually see if any of them sell. The whole concept of getting paid to do something I love while giving myself a chance to improve, is almost too good to be true. So I worry that it is too much to even hope for. Until I actually list something I can keep that wonderful dream in my head of selling my art but once I list it, if it doesn't sell, then I can't even dream about it...if that makes any sense. I will be showing my art here and explaining it here and then giving a link to my store on Etsy, I haven't listed anything in my Etsy store yet because I am still waiting for things to dry. Above is one of my paintings. It was inspired by the statue in Love Park in Philly, as you may have guessed. During Breast Cancer Awareness month the city dyes the fountain pink and it is very colorful. The statue in Love Park is classically Philadelphia and I am going to do further paintings of these types of landscapes. I also have a lot of feelings as I guess most artists do so I will be trying to express my thoughts and feelings symbolically through my art. So any comments or suggestions that any of you might have are greatly appreciated and keep your fingers crossed for me.



No comments: