http://rpc.technorati.com/rpc/ping DamagedArt by DeandraDanay: I am an Artist

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I am an Artist


I have been reading alot of articles on marketing yourself as an artist and one of the things I have found is that I should actually start referring to myself as an artist. That other thing I do during the day to pay the rent is just a job. I am so glad to be in Philadelphia. This whole city  is like one big living breathing inspiration. On my way to work I saw quite a few scenes that may serve as inspiration for some of my up coming work. The painting to the left was inspired by a case of mistaken identity. A guy came up to me on the street and said, "excuse me, is your name Lola?" Ofcourse I told him it wasn't but as I walked away I started thinking...maybe it is. Maybe that is the girl who goes out and dances all night when DeandraDanay has always been too shy. It was then that I discovered that Lola is my alter-ego. I painted that girl that I would like to be someday, long curly hair gorgeous sexy dress, dancing as if no one were watching and not caring if they were. I think a lot of my paintings might be related to Lola in someway, they may include an article of her clothing that she's left behind or her footprints in the sand. I need to work on letting her out more, she seems to have way more fun than DeandrDanay does.

No comments: